Pork Chops in Mushroom & Garlic Gravy in 25 Minutes
Pork chops with mushrooms is easy meal that you will sure to like. Add mashed potatoes and vegetables to these chops and you have a wholesome dinner that will be enjoyed by each member of your family.
• pork chops – 2 lb /900 g
• button mushrooms – 9 oz /250 g
• garlic – 2 cloves
• onion – 7 oz /200 g
• butter – 1 oz /30 g
• chicken broth – 2 cup /500 ml
• vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
• all-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
• ground black pepper – 1 tsp
• salt – 1,5 tsp
You will need:
• 2 pans
• carving board
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil and lay out the pork chops, salt and pepper to taste from both sides and fry over medium heat for 5-6 minutes from each side.
- Switch off the heat, cover the pan with the chops in with a lid and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the second pan with butter, add half ring cut bulb onion and fry over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced champignons, stir and keep frying for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add to this pan with champignons the chopped garlic, stir and fry over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well, fry for a minute over medium heat.
- Add ½ tsp of salt and ground black pepper each, the chicken broth and boil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until the sauce is thickened.
- Lay out the pork chops into the pan with the sauce and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes.
2:16 9. Serve the chops hot with mashed potato, rice, pasta or vegetable salad.